Rancho Mirage, CA 92270 Phone: (760) 328-2266 Fax: (760) 324-9851 Jeremy Gleim, Director of Development Services jeremyg@RanchoMirageCA.gov
Planning is the first stop for anyone interested in obtaining information about what is allowed to be built in certain areas. Based on maps that show zoning and allowed uses, planners are able to tell customers what can be built at any given address, such as homes, office buildings, shopping centers, light industrial uses, or other possibilities based on the location of the property.
General Plan Update Draft Environmental Impact Report – May 2005
General Plan Update Final Environmental Impact Report – October-2005
Energy Action Plan
Greenhouse Gas Inventory
- Section 19 NOA / DEIR (99kb PDF)
- Section 19 Specific Plan (11.58mb PDF)
- Development Activity Summary (239kb PDF)
- Planning Fees Summary as of 4/07
- What is a General Plan (2.9mb PDF)
- Complete General Plan adopted November 2005 (13.1mb PDF)
- General Plan Table of Contents
- General Plan Chapter 1 – Introduction
- General Plan Chapter 2 – Land Use
- General Plan Chapter 3 – Circulation
- General Plan Chapter 4 – Housing
- General Plan Chapter 5 – Conservation and Open Space
- General Plan Chapter 6 – Air Quality
- General Plan Chapter 7 – Noise
- General Plan Chapter 8 – Safety
- General Plan Chapter 9 – Public Services and Facilities
- General Plan Chapter 10 – Community Design
- General Plan Chapter 11 – Economic and Fiscal Element
- General Plan Land Use & Zoning Map (Updated 8/2013)
- Specific Plan: Hwy. 111 East – Executive Summary
- Specific Plan: Hwy. 111 East
- Specific Plan: Hwy. 111 West – Executive Summary
- Specific Plan: Hwy. 111 West
- Zoning Ordinance (Rancho Mirage Municipal Code, Title 17)
The City of Rancho Mirage is updating its General Plan. This General Plan update is not envisioned as a comprehensive rewrite of each element, but is seen more as a “technical” update to ensure compliance with recently adopted State laws; this update will also provide an opportunity to modernize the look and organization of this important policy document. In addition, the City will use this opportunity to develop an Arts & Culture Element for inclusion in the General Plan. Click here to go to the General Plan Update page.
If you are planning on developing a new project in the city of Rancho Mirage you must receive approval from various divisions within the Development Services Department before being issued a permit. The entitlement process is in place to ensure that all projects are in compliance with city ordinances and design standards.
Click here to see our Development Review Guide.