As you may be aware, in June 2011 the State Legislature took action to dissolve redevelopment programs in California. As a result, the Rancho Mirage Redevelopment Agency was eliminated and with it the funding for the HIP. Due to the loss of funding, the HIP will not be available after June 30, 2013.

All personal information previously submitted to the Housing Authority for HIP participation will remain on file and be kept confidential. The City of Rancho Mirage Housing Authority Board of Directors will evaluate potential future funding sources to determine if the HIP will be reinstated at a later date.

If you need assistance, the following agencies or service providers may be able to help you with your housing needs:

The Volunteer Center of Riverside County

provides information related to housing, non-emergency health care, food, employment, social services and referrals. There is no charge for the call when dialing 211 from a land line.

The Gas Company

offers an Energy Saving Assistance Program to customers. This program includes assistance with weatherization; attic insulation; water heater blanketing; and repair/replacement of furnaces, water heaters, and high efficiency washers. For further information, contact The Gas Company at (800) 331-7593; or visit their website at

Southern California Edison

offers an Energy Saving Assistance Program to customers. This program assists with conserving energy and saving money by providing free appliances; the installation of energy-efficient refrigerators/air conditioners; and weatherization. For further information, Southern California Edison may be contacted at (800) 736-4777; or visit their website at

Community Action Partnership of Riverside County (Community Action)

provides assistance for the payment of gas and electric bills. A weatherization assistance program provides energy conservation home improvements to lower utility bills. Community Action may be contacted at (800) 511-1110 or (951) 955-4900; or visit their website at


offers residents free consultations on home insulation; heating and ducting service; and inspection/free tune-up of furnace and air conditioning systems. Synergy may be contacted at (888) 988-9829; or visit their website at

The Riverside County Office of Aging and Disability Resource Connection

offers a wide range of referral services and information about aging and living with disabilities in Riverside County. The office may be contacted at (800) 510-2020; or via their websites at or

The Rancho Mirage Housing Authority

provides affordable housing for low- to moderate-income persons aged 55 or older. Please visit the Affordable Housing page for contact information.

The Coachella Valley Association of Governments (CVAG)

provides a list of affordable rentals located throughout the Coachella Valley. The information is available on their website at

If you have any additional questions regarding this matter or any previous work completed through the HIP, please contact Linda Hodge, Housing Specialist, at (760) 770-3210.

Mobilehome Residency Law-Rights and Responsibilities (PDF)