The CV LINK and Rancho Mirage
A walking and biking trail across the Coachella Valley is of interest to Rancho Mirage. However, the Coachella Valley Association of Governments (“CVAG”) is proposing something far more ambitious. CVAG’s, CV LINK plan, imagines a 20 to 30 foot roadway running along our bucolic Butler-Abrams Trail and part of Highway 111 in our commercial district. It uses Measure “A” funds (without approval of the electorate) to help pay for a roadway that will accommodate Neighborhood Electric Vehicles (“NEVs”). And, at this time, CVAG does not have a reasonable plan to pay for the operations and maintenance of the project at its inception and into the future. The price tag for the project is $100,000,000.
This information has been posted to help residents and other interested parties learn what Mayor Dana Hobart and the Rancho Mirage City Council are doing to lookout for their constituents. This informational page offers a 50-minute round-table discussion video chaired by Mayor Hobart concerning CV Link; Mayor Hobart’s Mayor’s Messages to date as well as pertinent documents about CV Link from CVAG.
In the April 2016 election, April 2016: Voters will read these arguments in accompaniment to the three advisory measures in connection to the CV Link and a fourth that would require future city councils from allowing small electric vehicles on several designated streets without first going to the voters.
- City of Rancho Mirage Comments to CV Link Draft Environmental Report & Addendum
- Over 50% Turnout Re: CV Link
- Who Should Decide CV Link Route Through RM?
- Mayor’s Message: March 18, 2016
- Disrespecting Rancho Mirage
- Mayor’s Message: February 26, 2016
- General Municipal Election April 12, 2106
- CV Link Update
- Special Bulletin – CV Link
- Mayor Hobart Explains City’s Economic Concerns Re: CV Link
- CV Link vs. Measure “A” Funds: Which Has Priority?
- RM Council Considers Asking Residents to Vote on CV Link
- CV Link Update RE: 9/28/15 CVAG Executive Committee
- The CVAG Plan to Divert Measure “A” Funds to CV Link
- Mayor’s Message: City Sets Four Ballot Measures Re: CV Link
View City News Releases Regarding CV Link here: News Releases
CVAG’s CV Link Pertinent Documents
CV Link Master Plan Vol. 1 dated March 2015
CV Link Master Plan Vol. 2: Appendices dated March 2015
CVAG’s Neighborhood Electric Vehicle (NEV) Plan dated March 2015
CVAG Transportation Committee’s Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Cost Estimate dated May 4, 2015
CVAG’s Transportation Project Prioritization Study (TPPS) by KOA Corporation 2010 update