Incorporated in 1973, Rancho Mirage offers an abundant amount of sunshine, great climate and related resort lifestyle. Famous political leaders, corporate executives and top entertainers all call Rancho Mirage home because of its renowned quality of life.
Rancho Mirage also offers a dynamic yet balanced economic environment. The community is noted for its country clubs, resort hotels and modern medical-health care facilities. Rancho Mirage’s location and strong demographics have attracted its share of financial institutions, professional services and furniture/home furnishing retailers. Equally impressive are the number of specialty shops and restaurants. More and more, Rancho Mirage is being hailed as “The Address of Choice” and targeted as an excellent location for a broad range of retailers, restaurants and entertainment related businesses.
Tourism is the lifeblood of the Coachella Valley and over 3.5 million people visit the Coachella Valley every year!
Rancho Mirage is home to four world-class, award-winning destination resorts. The Agua Caliente Casino-Resort-Spa, which opened in 2008, the Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, The Westin Mission Hills Resort & Spa, and the Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage opened in May 2014 after undergoing a major $500 million renovation.
Additionally, mid-priced, limited service hotels including the Holiday Inn Express, the Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage and Motel 6 offer quality lodging at affordable room rates.
Rancho Mirage’s lofty position in the medical-healthcare industry will increase as Eisenhower Medical Center completes its $400 million upgrade and expansion effort. Another 325,000 square feet of medical related office development on Bob Hope Drive and Country Club Drive is presently under construction or recently secured project entitlements. Along Highway 111, more new office space is being included with the many mixed-use projects under development. With so many quality restaurants, shops and professional services in the City, Rancho Mirage is also an excellent location for office facilities.
Rancho Mirage is conveniently located to utilize the southern California freeway system, one of the most extensive transportation networks in the world, via Interstate 10 and the Highway 111 corridor linking the entire Palm Springs Valley.
Rancho Mirage is strategically situated in Riverside County, one of the fastest-growing counties in the nation:
- 110 miles east of Los Angeles
- 110 miles northeast of San Diego
- 270 miles west of Phoenix
Rancho Mirage is located in the center of the thriving Palm Springs/Coachella Valley:
- Easily accessed along the Hwy. 111 or the I-10
- From west – Hwy 111 N/O Frank Sinatra – 37,607; From east – Hwy 111 W/O Magnesia Falls – 49,084
- Daily vehicle counts through the intersection of Dinah Shore Drive and Monterey Drive exceed 40,000
- I-10 offers a convenient link to the Coachella Valley with a daily vehicle count of over 80,000
The City is located in a vital area of development on the upswing:
- Permanent/seasonal residents (valley wide) 370,000/130,000
- Visitors/tourists (valley wide) 3.5 million annually
Exceptional Quality of Life…
- Days of sunshine: 350+ a year
- Average temperature: 87.5 degrees
- Rain per year: 3.38 inches
- Excellent climate
- Relaxed resort lifestyle
- World class recreation and entertainment opportunities
- Full time population: 17,889
- Average household income: $131,718
- Median Age: 62.7
- Square Miles: 24.7
The demographics of the region show a well-rounded mix of ages:
- Median age (Rancho Mirage): 62.7
- Median age (Coachella Valley): 40.3
- Median home value: $415,703
- Median Rent: $800 – $2,400
- Housing Units: 14,430
- People per Household: 1.95
Rancho Mirage and the Coachella Valley provide an excellent business environment.
Top 5 Private Employers:
- Eisenhower Medical Center: 2,145 Employees
- Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa: 1,250 Employees
- Westin Mission Hills Resort & Villas: 980 Employees
- Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa: 600 Employees
- The Home Depot: 310 Employees
Utilities, infrastructure and land development are carefully planned and Rancho Mirage’s reputation as a prestigious community of quality commercial and residential development was earned through the use of a carefully planned economic development strategy in conjunction with development standards that promote and encourage quality commercial and residential development. Rancho Mirage’s approach focuses on:
- Fast-track, streamlined permit process
- Quality City services
- Carefully planned infrastructure
- Entrepreneurial “can-do” attitude to development
Those in the development field who desire to match their end product with Rancho Mirage’s development expectations will protect and truly enhance their investment. During the past ten years, Rancho Mirage experienced over $1.2 billion worth of construction and building activity.
The City of Rancho Mirage recognizes that “time is money” and is committed to easing the regulatory and development processing system. Rancho Mirage prides itself on having experienced, entrepreneurial, helpful, and above all else courteous city staff.
Major Business Areas
- Monterey Marketplace
Destination, regional shopping center with expansion opportunities.
- Highway 111
Major arterial through the Coachella Valley with prime retail, restaurant and office development including The River at Rancho Mirage.
- Eisenhower Medical Center
Leading health care facility, including the Barbara Sinatra Children’s Center, Luci Curci Cancer Center and the Betty Ford Clinic.
Are You Right For Rancho Mirage?
From political leaders to corporate presidents, chief decision-makers to top entertainers, those who seek the most out of life know Rancho Mirage is the perfect place to live, visit, work or invest. Please call (760) 324-4511 for additional information.