2018 Town Hall Forum:
- Is America Losing the Cyberwars? Presented by National technology authority, James McFarlin. Wednesday, March 21, 2018 @ Rancho Mirage Public Library. Champagne Reception @ 5:30 PM with Presentation beginning at 6:00 PM.
Click here for more information.
Business Emergency Response Training (BERT)
Tuesday, April 17, 2018
8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m
Rancho Mirage Library Community Room
71-100 Highway 111, Rancho Mirage
Business owners/managers/employees are cordially invited to attend a FREE workshop to obtain current information to ensure your business can prepare for, respond to and recover from a disaster.
BERT Presentations will include experts from 5 specialty areas: Emergency Management, Employee Personal Preparedness, Fire Safety & Utility Awareness/Danger, Business Emergency Operations/Cybersecurity and Terrorism/Crime Prevention
Reservations are required – please RSVP by April 11, 2018
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (760) 324-4511 Ext. 230
Community Emergency Response Team Training
April 17, 18 & 19, 2018
Roy Wilson Trailing Center
72564 Ramon Road, Thousand Palms
(click here for map).
Training consists of classroom and hands-on exercises. Class size is limited to 40 students. There is no charge to take this class but formal registration is required. Students should wear appropriate clothing including closed-toe shoes for being outdoors as part of the training and be able to do physical activities such as stooping, standing, kneeling and light lifting. Training will be conducted by the City of Rancho Mirage Fire Department.
Click here for CERT Application or you can contact Rancho Mirage City Hall at (760) 324-4511 for the application.
Application deadline is April 6, 2018.
Preparedness for Different Hazards
- Active Shooter – Protect our Valley – If you see something, say something.
- American Red Cross
- Disaster Preparedness Information
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Flood & Video on How to Escape from Car if Caught in Flash Flood
- Power Outage
- Wild Fire
More on Preparedness for Earthquakes
- Overview video: Earthquake Preparedness Film
- Overview brochure: Staying Safe Where the Earth Shakes – Inland Empire Edition
- Insurance: California Earthquake Authority
- Earthquake Preparedness, Mitigation & Resiliency
- Make Your Dwelling Safer: Homeowner’s Guide to Earthquake Safety
- Things in Your Home: Homeowners Guide to Nonstructural Earthquake Retrofit
Watch “What People Like You Have Done”
- SoCalGas – Earthquake Preparedness & Natural Gas Safety Tips
- School Preparedness “Drop, Cover & Hold On“
Specialized Preparedness Topics
- Because We Live in the Desert
- Food & Water
- Engaging Seniors/People with Disabilities
- Pets & Disaster Safety Checklist
- Pet Preparedness Kit
- Pet Identification Card
- People with Disabilities & Special Needs
- First Aid Supplies
- Children’s FEMA Webpage
- Children’s Emergency Preparedness
- Create Your Own Car Emergency Bag
HOA & Community Organizing
- Map Your Neighborhood-A Community Tool for Preparedness
- Map Your Neighborhood Ordering Sheet
- Map Your Neighborhood Instructions on How to Order Materials Online
- Order free FEMA emergency preparedness publications/brochures
- How to Participate in Monthly HOA Radio Drill
- HOA Casualty & Damage Assessment Report (to be used when communicating with City during a major disaster)
Need help with emergency preparedness? Contact the City’s Emergency Services Coordinator, Britt Wilson at brittw@RanchoMirageCA.gov.
Other Local Information
- Riverside County Early Warning Notification System
- Locate services & supplies – Google “Emergency Preparedness Supplies”
- Warming Centers
Preparedness for Businesses/Business Continuity
- Emergency Preparedness – US Small Business Administration www.sba.gov/content/disaster-preparedness
- QuakeSmart Business Community Resilience
2017 Town Hall Forum Lectures
2017 Town Hall Forum: Locked, Loaded & Ready to Roll – Thomas Jordan & Dennis Mileti
To view previous year’s Town Hall Forums, please go to YouTube.com at Rancho Mirage Town Hall Forums