Building permits are issued Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Welcome to the Building & Safety Division for the City of Rancho Mirage.
- 24-Hour Inspection Line (760) 202-9852 (All inspections before 3 p.m. will be done the following day. Leave the permit number, address and type of inspection. Do not request AM or PM inspection.)
- No construction on Sundays and Holidays (New Years, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas)
- Work hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday – Saturday. No special permit required.
Codes For All Plans
2016 California Title 24 Building Codes Parts 1-7, & 9-12 (Administrative, Building, Residential, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Energy, Green Code)
2016 California Fire Code Title 24, Part 9, NFPA standards as adopted in Title 24
Engineering Calcs For All Plans
2 Sets Energy, Climate Zone 15; 2 Sets: Structural, 110 Mph Wind Speed Exposure C; and
2 Sets of Truss Calculations (If Applicable) with Letter of Approval from Engineer of Record
Submit 2 Wet-Signed Sets: Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, & Structural Sheets;
2 Additional Sets To Fire Department and Health Department (If Applicable);
2 Sets Of Truss Calculations (If Applicable) With Letter Of Approval From Engineer of Record;
1 Assessor Set To Include Cover Sheet and Site Plan; and
1 Set Commercial Fire Plans
Submit 2 Wet-Signed Sets: Architectural, Mechanical, Electric, Plumbing, Structural Sheets;
2 Sets Of Truss Calculations (If Applicable) With Letter of Approval From Engineer of Record;
1 Assessor Set To Include Cover Sheet, Floor Plan and Site Plan; and
2 Sets Residential Fire Sprinkler Plans
Separate Building Permits Necessary For
- Pool And Spa
- Block Walls Over Thirty (30) Inches In Height
- All Retaining Walls (Including Calculations From Engineer).
ATTENTION CONTRACTORS: You Must Be Prepared With
- Proof of Contractor’s License
- Current City Business License & Worker’s Compensation (Have name of Carrier & Policy available, unless you sign exempt.)
- If your agent or employee is obtaining the permit(s), you must furnish the City with a notarized letter naming those allowed to obtain permits for your business.
ATTENTION PROPERTY OWNERS
If anyone other than you or your contractor is obtaining the permits, you must furnish the City with a notarized letter naming the agent(s) allowed to obtain permits for your property.
Utility Contact Numbers
|USA Dig Alert (Cable Location)||(800) 227-2600|
|Southern California Edison (Electric)||(800) 684-8123|
|Imperial Irrigation (Electric)||(760) 398-5811
(north of Frank Sinatra Drive & east of Bob Hope Drive)
|Southern California Gas||(800) 427-2200|
|Verizon (Phone)||(800) 483-4000 – Residential New Service
(800) 483-5000 – Business New Service
|Coachella Valley Water District (CVWD)||(760) 398-2651|
|Riverside County Health Department||(760) 320-1048 (Pools/food)
554 S. Paseo Dorotea, Palm Springs
|Riverside County Fire Safety Specialist||(760) 324-4511 – Jacqueline Palmieri x307|
|Burrtec Waste & Recycling Services||(760) 340-2113|
|Time Warner Cable||(760) 340-2225|
|Riverside County Sheriff Department||(760) 836-1600
73-705 Gerald Ford Dr., Palm Desert